WWWalker's Brother Overview
See Brother Experience | Links
Printing over USB Problem
In March 2023, I bought a Brother MFC-L2750DW mono laser multifunction printer and printed OK with Microsoft drivers in Windows 11 and USB cable. After I installed the iPrint and Scan and PaperPort etc on CD, I tried to print when USB was connected and printer was on but got "offline".
- I removed and added printer driver in Windows settings | printers but got "offline".
- I uninstalled software installed:
- iPrint and Scan
- PaperPort Image Print 64-bit
- Nuance PaperPort 14
- Nuance PDF Viewer SE
- I found using Everything tool apps I can't uninstall as there no uninstall option apart from deleting folder:
I returned printer and got refund. I would have had to get Geek2U to set it up for over $100 so it was not worth it as I am a microbusiness and do all tech support myself.
It is very difficult to uninstall all Brother software only some packages. The rest remained and were deactivated in startup or moved from desktop into junk folder but still remained on disk. CD software treats computer like a DOS machine so user cannot uninstall or find software installed.
I should have enabled rollback on Windows so I could rollback before I installed the Brother software or done backup so I could restore to before installation of Brother software so I had to search further and unlock files to delete them manually.
I manually found all those packages to uninstall using Everything tool on BrLauncher.exe which found folder:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\Uninst - run this first - only removed driver
- Find out which process is locking a file or folder in Windows
- Resource Monitor | CPU | associated handles | Brother | end process BrYNSvc.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother - manual deletion of folder to remove it
- delete Brother Creative Centre and Brother Utilities on desktop (now dead)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Bronwny02 - manual deletion of folder to remove it
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4 - manual deletion of folder to remove it
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ControlCenter4 CSDK - manual deletion of folder to remove it
- C:\Program Files (x86)\PC-FAXReceive - manual deletion of folder to remove it
Brother is so shoddy re uninstalling their software.
- Brother Support
- Brother MFC-L2750DW
- CD software
- screwed up USB printing and said printer was "offline" when it wasn't
- printer daemon sabotaging USB printing
- no error message saying setup IP address and do not use USB
- very difficult to remove all apps apart from a few in settings | remove apps
- treats desktop like a DOS machine
- treats Windows desktop like a dedicated print, fax and scanner server they can mess up however they want to
- no control or knowledge of where apps are installed without a lot of searching
- error messages
- printer software is blackbox with no error messages
- printer is blackbox with no error messages
- printer queue
- fax queue
- scanner queue
- background jobs running polling printer, fax or scanner queues
- subverted USB port for IP address on ethernet or wifi
- use Brother drivers instead of Windows drivers
- screw up USB port on Windows
Created: 29 Mar 2023 14:51
Last Updated: 29 Mar 2023 22:14