WWWalker's Indian Business
- BJP right wing Hindu party (pro business?)
- Economy of Punjab, India - best
- NCAER (National Council of Applied Economic Research)
- Economic Impact Assessment of Delhi International Airport, NCAER, April 2012 - passengers 69% domestic, 31% international, 13% of Delhi SGDP, 64000 jobs, 452000 logistics jobs, 1062000 tourism jobs, 70% business travellers, construction 614000 jobs, 81000 customers/day, 1562 tonne/day in 2010-11, 22M population in NCR, 44% income from non-aero, 91% of Indian tourism by air, qualifications of passengers male 30% graduate, female 40% graduate, male 30% postgraduate, female 35% postgraduate, salaried male 66%, female 43%, income fifth quantile Indian 421000 Rs, Non-Indian $18,000 USD, occupation fifth quantile Indian salaried 71%, Non-Indian salaried 67%, transportation expenses vacation 5001-10000 Rs 42%, hotel expenses vacation >10000 Rs 39%, 174Bn Rs tourism (3Bn USD)
- Punjab Online
- Punjab Infrastructure Development Board (PIDB)
- Directions Magazine India - GIS projects in India
- 500 Startups sees potential in India's ecommerce, education - Geeks on a Plane 2/4/13
- India sets up seaside startup village to nurture startups 4/12/12
- Raman Research Institute - scientific research
- The Hindu - indexers visited Melbourne in 1995 for Australian Society of Indexers Conference at Marysville
- Times of India
- Mobile money cusp exploding in India via doubling in number of mobile phones from 900M in 2012 to 1800M in 2015 - 4/12
- EV Krishnamurthy, Indian computer scientist - met him at Canberra (ANU)
- Ranganathan - information scientist - multifacted cataloguing system for British
- Telstra to offshore 671 IT jobs - roles shifted to serve Indian customers 7/14
- Telstra to offshore to India 170 cloud computing jobs 7/13
- Telstra outsourcing BPO to India - 7/11
- Immigration audits reveal large scale visa fraud by Indians to Australia 7/13 50% in 2008/09 due to identity fraud due to poor Indian passport system (British colonial mess)
In 2012, India has 900M mobile phones! Staggering!
In Feb 2015, India has 960M mobile phones (77% penetration)!
Australian Census 2011
Indians are third biggest share of migrants after British and NZ, mostly IT professionals.
Indian IT Recruiters
In September 2013, I was interviewed over the telephone by an Indian IT recruiter in Melbourne for a Brisbane software engineer job. He was pretty hard on my years and level of experience and tried to write me off very quickly. I had to fight back but lost as did not have enough experience in their 5 programming languages.
Indian IT Acquisitions
IT Support Problems
In June 2012, I used Geeks on Call in Canberra and an Indian IT guy warped my netbook's keyboard when he was opening it and took several days to return it, tried to put the price up several times without my permission for doing a backup and put the price up on an external drive he sold me for storing the backup. He was a very dodgy backyard operator and would not give his office address and held me over the barrel for over a week. I will never use him or Geeks on Call again.
Geeks on Call eventually gave me the README of what they did to create the backup and offered to sell me a second hand laptop to load the drive from the failed laptop. They also helped me track down a hard disk cradle on eBay to help me read the original disk. This was after I went to ACT Fair Trading.
- 6 large ICT companies in India
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- HCL Technologies
- Tata Consulting Services
- Tech Mahindra
- outsource only to enterprise in USA (Fortune 500)
- 8000 staff in Australia
- license and commercialise Australian university research
- Austrade/AIIA 9/15
- Michael Page job agency in India 4/13
- The end of IT staffing as we know it - reduction in low-end developer jobs for Indians and expecting mini-CEOs so less entry level jobs for graduates 24/3/13
- Why we use 457s in Australian IT projects 20/3/13 Indian developers lower pay has cut out equivalent Australian developers - $600 to $400/day in Australia, $200/day in India
- Outsourced IT staff show Brisbane City Council their true feelings SMH 22/2/13 HCL Technologies Australia, an Indian firm, beat Australians by $7.9M over 5 years - they pay $28,727/yr less per staff - 50% cheaper due to 53 INR per USD
We are not interested in outsourcing to Indian Developers but we get over 121 Indian developers attempting to get us to outsource to them for Web development or SEO, very predictable.
In December 2012, on elance.com and freelancer.com, Indian IT competitors beat us on price every time as they have much lower overheads than in Australia and are 50% of our charges.
At HISA HIC Hacking Health in Brisbane, August 2015, Dwight Walker collaborated with 2 Indian IT companies neither of which went anywhere:
- embedded systems
- big data