WWWalker's Mining Business
My Site: Supply Chain Management | groupware | disaster recovery | Remote, Onsite and VoIP Support | Embedded | Mobile | Project Management | Map Mashups | Publishing | Library Systems | Data Integration | Astronomy Indexing | India | China | South Australia | Queensland | GDPR Compliance
Location and Background | Mining Solutions | Project Management and Information Management | Skills
In 2002-2012, we were based in Orange NSW 30 km away from Newcrest Cadia Valley Operations gold and copper mine.
In 2013, we moved to Brisbane then Caboolture. In Queensland coal mining is very big including electrification of main line to coal towns in Mackay basin in 1980s to ship coal from Hay Point.
In 2014, we were Qld DSITIA finalist for Salt Table Helper mobile app using groundwater open data in Queensland. This app solves problem of location of salt in groundwater in soil.
In April 2015 free QUT online robotics course Dwight Walker studied, Prof Peter Corke described using robotics on coal mines in drag line automation.
In 2015-2019, Dwight Walker studied supply chain management in MIT edx.org course and achieved a MicroMasters in Supply Chain Management in 2019.
We are software engineers and work at low level in technology for system programming, real time systems and system automation.
We are also information managers and system librarians so can manage large amounts of data, and research business processes and intelligence using the Internet and computer software.
We are also science chemistry graduates so can ascertain mining information at a chemical assay level.
We can optimise supply chain to improve return on investment (ROI).
We are able to setup:
- groundwater monitoring mobile app
- mining records management systems
- managing digital assets such as plan documentation
- mine safety, logistics and supply chain management
- wifi hotspots down mining shafts including site survey in underground mines
- embedded data capture and GPS systems for track and trace
- embedded signalling systems for heavy vehicles
- optimise supply chain management to increase return on investment (ROI)
We can provide project management and information management consulting and integration with Web-based tools for mining companies in Australia and overseas.
We have technical skills in:
- Web portals
- network support
- wifi hotspots
- Google Map mashups and GPS integration
- MESH wifi networks
- logistics and supply chain management
- remote support
- cataloguing, classification and meta data
- data mining and AI
- system programming
- water monitoring
- data repository systems
- digital publishing
- data integration
- embedded systems
- medical science
Products we support:
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X
- Windows Phone
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon Web Services
- cloud computing
Software languages and frameworks we program in:
- Python for Web and real time network integration
- C/C++ for real time, embedded and database optimization
- Perl for Web integration
- awk in bash shell
- SQL for backend database management
- C# and Qt for embedded devices such as smartphones, data capture, settop boxes
- operating system shell programming for DevOps support
Quotes or General Enquiries
Please contact us for a free quote or to get intial feedback on a project you may be starting or need advice on!
- nickel and cobalt
- gas fracking
- research and development
- CRC ORE, Pullenvale QLD (Optimising Resource Extraction) - many universities and mining companies developing software tools
- CSIRO QCAT (Queensland Centre for Advanced Technologies), Pullenvale QLD
- Mining3, Pinjarra Hills QLD - CRC Mining - UQ, QUT and mining companies
- UQ School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering Research Centres, Brisbane QLD
- Industrial IT - IT News feed - big data, big networks, wireless networks, IoT applications
- Australian Govt Industry Plan Creates New Opportunities for Mining States 17/2/13 - $1Bn Federal incentive to use local engineering industries in mining states of WA and Qld - incl $504.5 million to establish ten new regional innovation precincts including manufacturing precincts in South East Melbourne and Adelaide
- Fortescue Metals Group uses Microsoft Cloud Office 365, Lync Online and SharePoint Online to ramp up to 6000 users 11.12.12
- Monadelphous still growing 44% to $137M in 2011/12 SMH 22/8/2012
- BHP boom times over SMH 22/8/2012 15% drop in earnings before interest to $27Bn USD in 2012, drop in cashflow from $30Bn USD to $24Bn USD
- Off Earth Mining Forum (Moon) - ACSER (Australian Centre for Space Engineering Research) UNSW 20-21/2/13 - includes NASA and USC
- Bitcoin mining - cryptocurrency generation using complex algorithm on very fast computers in server farms on internet
- Kimberley WA
- Santos Sustainability - Water
- groundwater monitoring of pH, electrical conductivity and dissolved salts
- feedback to farmers for bores near Roma, Chinchilla, Dalby and Surat Queensland CSG mine operations
- UQ EAIT alumni engineer from Santos 8/15
- very proactive
- similar to DNRM open data Dwight Walker used
- topping up aquifers
- Rio Tinto
- Mining in Central West NSW
- Galilee Basin Central Queensland
Productivity Increase via IT Investment